CPC (Central Processing Centre) ( Bangalore ) was unable to process over 2 lakhs Income tax Returns which have been classified as defective return as well in the Financial Year 2012. Therefore Assessees are requested to avoid such errors as mentioned below:
1) ITR 4:- Assessee has not filled Part A P&L or Balance Sheet or both and gross receipts and has entered a positive value in Schedule BP. This is the single largest reason for returns being classified as defective.
2) ITR 4 – P&L “Sales/Gross receipts of business or profession” is greater than 60 lakhs and AUDIT INFORMATION not completely filled.
3) ITR 4S – has been filed but presumptive income u/s 44AD is less than 8% of Gross Receipt or Sales turnover u/s 44AE is less than Rs.5,000/- p.m per vehicle in case of heavy vehicles or less than Rs.4,500/- p.m per vehicle in case of other vehicles.
4) ITR 4S – has been filled but Code mentioned under Nature of Business is 601 or 602 or 603 or 604 which are incorrect codes.
5) ITR 1- Tax Deducted as per Schedule TDS 1 is greater than GTI (Gross Total Income).
6) ITR 1- Tax Deducted as per Schedule TDS 2 is greater than GTI (Gross Total Income).
7) Depreciation claimed in Point 42 of Part A – P&L but Schedule DPM /DOA not filled.
8) Mainly ITR 4- Deduction claimed under Chapter VIA under sections 80IA, 80IB, 80IC and 80G but the relevant Schedules not filled.
9) All ITR forms – Brought Forward Loss has been claimed at Point 9 of Part B TI but Schedule CFL (Carried Forward Loss) has not been filled.
10) All ITR forms – No Income details or tax computation has been provided in ITR but details regarding taxes paid have been filled and filed.
11) ITR 6 – Corporate assessee has filed ITR 6 but audit information is incomplete.
12) ITR 4 & 5 – In audit information 44AB Flag is Y but Part A P&L and or Part A BS not filled.
13) ITR 1- 4 –> Gender Mismatch – The Gender provided in the return does not match with that appearing in the PAN database.
13) ITR 4- Part A P&L and Part A BS not filled but entire tax is claimed refund which is more than Rs.25,000/-.