List of the Documents Required to Apply for PAN Card
What is PAN Card?
PAN card is the permanent account number issued by an assessing officer of the income tax department. It is a photo identity card that carries ten digit alphanumeric numbers for every card holder.
Uses of PAN Card
- Photo identity to opening bank account.
- Filling of income tax (IT) return.
- To get the TDS amount back.
- To get passport
- PAN card is also necessary in withdrawing or transferring amount of 50,000 or more from one bank account to another.
Documents Required for PAN Card
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
Proof of identity
The lists of the documents that are used as proof of identity are mentioned below:
- School leaving or matriculation certificate
- Degree of any recognized educational institution
- Bank account or credit card statement
- Water bill
- Ration card
- Voter identity card
- Driving license
Proof of Address
The lists of the documents that are used as proof of address are mentioned below:
- Electricity or Telephone bill
- Bank account/Credit card/Depository account statement.
- Rent receipt, Employer certificate
- Passport, voter identity card, driving license or ration card
- Property tax assessment order
Note: Copy of above any of the following should be attested by any Gazetted officer.