How to e-File Income Tax Return without using any software?
Every individual having income over 5 lakhs is required to file income tax return for the Assessment Year 2013-14, but half of them do not know how to file, either they go to tax professionals or do not file the return at all which is the last thing anyone should do.
Taking aid of tax professionals is always recommended but in case you do not have complicated things like income from agriculture, income from house property with interest and principal etc. filing tax return is not hard and can be done on the department website easily without using any software or going to any tax professional.
You just need to know the ITR you have to file, for which you can refer the image below:
Follow the procedure laid down below to file income tax return:
1. Open www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in in your web browser.
2. If you are not register than first register yourself.
3. Once you are done with registration or you are already registered, then next step is to login with your details i.e. User ID, password and Date of Birth.
4. Under menu, find “e-File” and then select “Prepare and Submit online ITR” option.
5. After selecting the above option, the following details will pop-up on the screen;
a) PAN Number
b) ITR Form Name: Select form as you decided above.
c) Assessment year: Select the assessment year for which you are e-filing tax return.
d) Address: You will be given 3 options from which you need to select one (a. Address from PAN Database, 2. Address from previous year return and 3. New address).
e) Digital Signature: Choose “YES” if you want to file your return with digital signature else “NO”
f) Click on SUBMIT button once you file all the above details.
g) After clicking the SUBMIT button, the system will redirect you to ITR form.
6. Fill all the details in the ITR form carefully and then click on the “SUBMIT” option for filing your return.
Points to Note:
1. Do recheck twice before clicking on the submit option.
2. Please DO NOT click on BACK button or BACKSPACE while filling the details in the ITR form else you will be logged out.
3. Please click on “Save’ button to save the data at each stage.