General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.7% per annum for the year 2013-2014- Finance Ministry
Ministry of Finance has announced in the resolution adopted by the Department of Economic Affairs ,Ministry of Finance that the interest rate for General Provident Fund and other similar fund will be 8.7% per annum for the year 2013-2014. The copy of Resolution is given below..
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Economic affairs)
New Delhi, the 8th April, 2013
It is announced for general information that during the year 2013-2014, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.7% (Eight point seven per cent) per annum. This rate will be in force during the financial year beginning on 1.4.2013.
The funds concerned are:-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.