How to Apply for Duplicate PAN Card Online ?
Duplicate PAN Card Online
This is a most common question asked by one who lost his/her PAN card: I lost my PAN card, what to do now?
If you somehow lost your PAN card, before applying for duplicate card you should lodge a FIR in your local Police Station that will help you to get Duplicate PAN Card but it’s not necessary.
Now, the next step would be to find your lost PAN card number which is not hard to find, ways to find:
- Through your Income Tax Returns
- Check your bank account
- Check your Demat Account.
The procedure to Apply for Duplicate PAN card:
Procedure to apply for duplicate PAN card is almost similar to applying for new PAN card.
Step 1) Open https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html
Step 2) Select Reprint of PAN Card (Same as Changes or Correction in PAN Details)
Step 3) Read the Guidelines (this is where Change of Details in PAN and Duplicate PAN differs)
Step 4) Scroll down, select your status (firm, individual, LLP etc.)
Step 5) A form will open, fill it completely (Fields marked with * (asterisk) are mandatory)
Leave all the left margins box unchecked except number 7 which is by default checked.
Read the Instructions for help @ Instrcutions for Duplicate PAN Card
Note: There is no need of attaching any documents but in case it is found that there are differences between the PAN or the data provided in the application with the ITD database, the application may not be processed and the processing fee will be forfeited. So it’s wise to submit Copy of FIR or Copy of intimation letter issued by the Income Tax Department in lieu of PAN card intimating PAN.
Step 6) Once you fill the form click submit to pay Rs. 96, (list of supported Banks) you will then be redirected to payment gateway for Payment. On successful credit card / debit card / net banking payment, acknowledgement will be displayed. Applicant shall save and print the acknowledgement and send it to NSDL as mentioned below.
Step 7) Applicant shall save and print this acknowledgement.
The acknowledgement consists of:
- A 15-digit unique acknowledgement number
- Category of applicant
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Name of applicant
- Father’s Name (in case of ‘Individual’)
- Date of Birth/Incorporation/Agreement/Partnership or Trust Deed/Formation of Body of Individuals/Association of Persons
- Address for Communication
- Space for Photograph (in case of ‘Individual’)
- Payment Details
- Space for Signature
- Aadhaar No.
- Details of Proof of Identity and Address
Step 8) Signing and Affixing:
- Individual’ applicants should affix two recent colour photographs with white background (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided on the acknowledgement. The photographs should not be stapled or clipped to the acknowledgement. The clarity of image on PAN card will depend on the quality and clarity of photograph affixed on the acknowledgement.
- Signature / Left hand thumb impression should be provided across the photo affixed on the left side of the form in such a manner that portion of signature/impression is on photo as well as on form.
- Signature / Left hand thumb impression should be within the box provided on the right side of the form. The signature should not be on the photograph affixed on right side of the form. If there is any mark on this photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
- Thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
Step 9) Mode of Submission:
- The acknowledgement duly signed, affixed with photograph (in case of ‘Individuals’) alongwith demand draft/cheque, if any, proof of existing PAN, proof of identity & address as specified in the application along with any other relevant proof as specified (in Item No.IV – Documents to be submitted along with the application ) is to be sent to NSDL at
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
- Super scribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST-Acknowledgment Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST-881010200000097′).
- Your acknowledgement, demand draft/cheque, if any, and proofs, should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
- Applications received with demand draft or cheque as mode of payment shall be processed only on receipt of relevant proofs and realization of payment.
- Applications received with credit card / debit card / net banking as mode of payment shall be processed on receipt of relevant documents (acknowledgement and proofs)
Congratulations, you have done all from your side, you will receive the new PAN card in a maximum of 15-25 days time.
Few points to remember
- Lodge a FIR with your police station if you lose your PAN card and get a copy. You may need it for future reference.
- If you are NRI, you can also apply for duplicate PAN online by the process mentioned above. You will be charged Rs. 717.00 and will need to pay be credit card.
- Your PAN card will be delivered to your address in the foreign country (hence the extra charge) within a fortnight.
- For more information
– Call TIN Call Centre at 020 – 27218080
– Fax: 020-27218081
– e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
– SMS NSDLPAN <space> Acknowledgement No. & send to 57575 to obtain application status.
– Write to: INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by National Securities Depository Limited), 3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune – 411045