Action to be taken on E-filed ITRs of A.Y. 2012-13 pending for processing at CPC having refund greater than or equal to Rs. 10 Lakhs
Letter [F.NO.DIT(S)-III/CPC/2012-13/Demand Management], dated 30-1-2013
Kind attention is drawn to the above mentioned subject. For the A.Y. 2012-13 e-filed returns cases till 22nd Jan. 2013, where refund is likely to be > = Rs. 10 lakhs are 28,444 in number, which are currently pending for processing at CPC. These ITRs are categorized as under :
- Cases where there are refunds likely to be > = Rs. 10 Lakhs.
- Cases where there are likely refunds > = Rs. 10 Lakhs as well as demands have been uploaded as per CPC-FAS.
2. The above data can be accessed on i-Taxnet on the following path :
RESOURCES → DOWNLOADS → DIT_SYSTEMS → REFUND_ERETURN_PROCESSING_CPC_A.Y. 2012_13
3. The Assessing Officers are required to take action as under :
- for the cases falling at (a) above, i.e. where there is refund without demand as per the CPC-FAS, to kindly get it checked whether any demand remains outstanding in those cases. If yes, the AOs may upload these demands on CPC-FAS.
- Regarding cases at (b) above, i.e. where there is refund with demand, they may reconfirm or update the demands, so that during processing refunds can be adjusted with updated demands outstanding as per CPC-FAS.
4. Each CCIT may, therefore, monitor the above action to be taken by the AOs and certify within a period of 21 days. A compliance report may also be sent to respective Zonal Members, CBDT with a copy to CIT(CPC), Bangaluru, at his e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org and DIT(S)-III on e-mail id email@example.com. In case no response is received, the e-returns shall be processed at CPC, Bangaluru.