The Income Tax Department requires all deductors to register their TANs online. Authenticated access (through user ID and password) will be provided to registered deductors.
The deductors/collectors can register their TANs online. Authenticated access (through user ID and password) is provided to registered deductors/collectors. On login, the following feature are made available to the deductors/ collectors:
- Request for Consolidated TDS/TCS file for doing correction in the return.
- Request Form 16A, (Mandatory for Companies and Banks to issue Form 16A generated from TIN to their deductees for deductions made from April 1, 2011 – F.Y. 2011-12).
- View and download details of default on account of short deduction, short payment or late payment.
- View request status and download Consolidated / Form 16A / Default file.
- Download Invalid PAN details in quarterly statement (From FY 2007-08 onwards).
- View BIN (Book Identification Number) details.
- Bulk upload of Form 15CA records.
- Update of TAN registration demographic and contact details.
Steps to Register TAN
- Register your TAN online at TIN website. For registration of TAN, click here
- Submit the application online.
- On successful registration of TAN, a 12 digit alpha numeric registration number will be generated.
- Print the acknowledgement and preserve the same for future reference.
- On successful registration, user will be required to verify the e-mail ID (s) quoted on re-re-registration of TAN for activating the TAN account.
- For verifying the e-mail ID(s), an e-mail containing the link will be sent to the registered e-mail ID (s).
- For verification of mobile no. (if provided on registration), an SMS containing six character verification code is sent.
Steps to Activate the TAN account
- Click on the link received by e-mail, and provide:
- TAN registration no. (12 digit alphanumeric no.)
- Verification code (Six character received by SMS)
- On successful validation of TAN, TAN registration and verification code, TAN account will be activated within 24 hours.
- On activation of TAN account, an e-mail containing user ID (created on registration of TAN account) will be sent at the registered e-mail ID (s).
Reset of password for TAN account
Reset of password for TAN Account Password for the TAN account can be reset by opting any one of the feature as below:
Reset password: In case the user opts for this facility for reset of password, then details as below will be required to be provided:
- TAN Account user ID
On successful verification of the above values, a request number will be generated and within 24 hours system generated new password will be e-mailed at the registered e-mail ID. On receipt of ‘reset password’ (system generated) from TIN, follow the instructions as below:
- Login to TAN account with user ID and password (system generated provided by TIN).
- On first login, user will be forced to change the password.
Forgot password: In case the user opts for this facility then details as below will be required to be provided:
- TAN account user ID
- Security question selected on registration of TAN/creation of user ID
- Answer to security question
- On successful verification of the above values, user will be prompted to change the password.
Update TAN registration details
Procedure for updating demographic and contact details in TAN registration.
- Update of TAN registration details is allowed on successful logging to TAN account.
- For updating the TAN registration details click on “Update Profile”.
- Under ‘update profile’ user can update demographic and contact details including e-mail ID (s)
- On successful update of TAN registration details, an alert e-mail is sent intimating updates have been successfully processed at TIN.
- Subsequent of e-mail ID (s) update (if any), the same should be verified, for TAN account to be active.
- Update of e-mail ID (s)
- On update of e-mail ID, an e-mail containing the link is sent at updated e-mail ID for verification of the updated e-mail ID.
- Click on the link and provide TAN and TAN registration no.
- On successful validation of TAN and TAN registration no., e-mail ID will be considered as verified.
- If all the verified e-mail ID’s are updated, then the TAN account will be deactivated, i.e., user will not be allowed to request for any file. However, user will be allowed to update the profile on login to TAN account, in case incorrect e-mail was updated.
- If the TAN account is deactivated on account of update of e-mail ID, then the same can be activated by clicking the link received at the updated e-mail ID and verification of TAN and TAN registration no.
- Update of mobile no.
- On update of mobile no.,
- An SMS containing six character verification code is sent at the updated mobile no. and
- An e-mail containing link for verification of mobile no., is sent at registered e-mail ID (s)
- On update of mobile no.,
- Click on the link and provide TAN, TAN registration no. and six character verification code (received by SMS) for verifying the updated mobile no.
Consolidated TDS/TCS file
1. Overview Consolidated TDS/TCS file:
Deductors / collectors are required to furnish a quarterly TDS / TCS statement as per guidelines of the Income Tax Department (ITD). For any update in the quarterly TDS / TCS statement, a correction statement is furnished by the deductor / collector. Correction statement is to be prepared on the latest statement details (accepted) at TIN central system. Consolidated TDS/TCS statement provided by TIN consists of latest statement details i.e., the updates done vide correction statements (accepted at TIN central system). Consolidated TDS/TCS statement is available for:
- e-TDS/TCS statements pertaining to F.Y. 2005-06 onwards.
- TDS/TCS statements accepted at TIN central system.
2. Download of consolidated TDS/TCS file
- Consolidated file will be available download for successful generated request.
- File will be available for download within 24 hours of request.
- Consolidated TDS/TCS file will also be e-mailed at the registered e-mail ID (s).
- Consolidated TDS/TCS file will be available for download for 30 calendar days.
- Consolidated TDS/TCS file can be downloaded under “View status file” option.
Source : www.tin-nsdl.com